ReadyAI Privacy Statement
Last Updated: April 18, 2019
We at readyai.org respect your concerns about privacy. We developed this Privacy Statement to provide you with information on how we collect, use, and disclose information about you. This Privacy Statement describes our practices in connection with the readyai.org website, the Learning Platform, and other information collection sources.
Information We Collect
We currently collect information about you in the following ways:
Information we receive from you.
- Email/newsletter sign up. When you sign up for our mailing list or newsletter, we collect your first name, last name, and email address. We may also collect additional information about you such as whether you are a student, parent, educator, or tech professional.
- Job applications. When you apply for an open position through our website, we may collect resume and employment history information.
- Learning Platform. When you access our Learning Platform, we may collect information about you including your first and last name, gender, date of birth, address, city, state, zip/postal code, email address, User ID, user name, language, and academic background. We may ask you to self-report gender and ethnic or racial background; providing such information is strictly voluntary and, if provided, you are consenting to our use of such data. We may also collect information about your usage of the Learning Platform and any comments about the platform you provide.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To communicate with you. We use the information you provide us in order to communicate with you and send you emails and newsletters.
- To process your job application. We use the information you provide to us in order to determine eligibility for open positions and to otherwise process your job application, including to further contact you about your application.
- To administer our Learning Platform. We use the information you provide to us in order to manage use of the Learning Platform, including for registration and authentication, for displaying content from external platforms, and to facilitate content commenting. We also use information about your use of the Learning Platform to better understand general usage practices and to improve the platform.
- To improve our website. We use the information collected through analytics cookies to better understand how users interact with our website, in an anonymous aggregated form, to help us make improvements to the site.
How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect:
- With our service providers so that they may perform services for us, including running our website and sending communications for us. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- With our business partners, affiliates, or funders in order to report on usage and success rates of our programs. Any such information would be provided in an aggregated and statistical format and would not reveal the identities of individual program participants.
- With other third parties, such as law enforcement or other government entities: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our website policies; (2) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, other users, or anyone else; (3) to respond to judicial process or to provide information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
How You Can Control Your Privacy
- Opting Out. You may always opt out of receiving future promotional emails and newsletters from us through the link at the bottom of each email/newsletter. Please be aware that if you opt out of such messages, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive emails or newsletters from us during that period. Your option not to receive promotional material will not preclude us from corresponding with you regarding your existing or past relationship with us (e.g., program application, online platform engagement, etc.).
- Do Not Track Requests. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to delete existing cookies. Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to these signals.
How We Protect Your Privacy
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your information. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Please be aware though that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We will retain your information in accordance with our internal records retention and management policies and procedures, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Children’s Online Privacy
This website is not directed to or intended for use by children under the age of 13. If we learn that an under-13 user has volunteered personal information on the site, we will delete such information from our active databases.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and will be posted on our website indicating when it was last updated. If there are material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will post prominent notice on our website and/or provide other notice as required by law.
You can contact us by email or at the postal address below. Please indicate in your email or letter that you are making a Privacy or Privacy Statement Inquiry.
3434 Forbes Ave, Suite 206
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Notice to European Residents – EU Specific Terms
To comply with the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for our European users, this Privacy Statement outlines the legal basis on which we process your personal information and provides other information required by the GDPR. The terms and conditions contained in this section – Notice to European Residents – EU Specific Terms – applies only to the personal information of European Union residents we may process.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We will only process your information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason(s) we collected and need to use your personal information. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: Where you have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose, such as when you request that we contact you.
- Legitimate interests: Where the processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where your interests are overridden by your rights or interests. This may include processing to inform you of changes to our services, or to provide you with information about other services we offer.
- Contractual necessity: Where the processing is necessary based on your legal relationship with us.
- Legal claims: Where the processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- Legal obligation: Where we are required to process your personal information by law.
Transfers of Personal Information
The Site is published in the United States and is governed by United States law. If you are located within the European Union, you should be aware that your Personal Data will be processed in the United States.
We may transfer your personal information outside the European Union:
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide services to and fulfill our contract with you.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our business, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
Where your information is transferred outside the European Union, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as relying on a recognized legal adequacy mechanism, and that it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- To be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us:
- To request the rectification or erasure of your personal information held by us;
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal information (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- To object to the further processing of your personal information, including the right to object to marketing;
- To request that your provided personal information be moved to a third party.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us as set forth in the Contact Us section above. Such withdrawal will not affect the processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal.
How to exercise your rights
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting using the information provided in the Contact Us section. The exercise of your rights might be subject to certain conditions and we might require further information from you before we can respond to your request.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority.